Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bye, Bye Paci's..........



With the big wind storm we got with hurricane Ike, I have just now been able to get on the computer. We are grateful that we never lost power just cable, phone and internet. Knowing how much damage the winds alone caused here I can't even imagine what it would be like down in Texas. Well on a lighter note...Yes, Caden gave up to paci's. Yeah!!!!! Thanks to my friend Carrie Black who had a great idea of taking paci's to Build A Bear. Which is a place you can create your own animal with stuffing and even a little heart. We added 3 pacifier's to the monkey. Caden stuffed them in and said good bye. We are so proud of him. I think I dreaded the whole thing more than it even affected him. The first two night's he asked for it and even tried to dig them out of the monkey's back where he saw the lady sew the monkey up. Now, 6 days out he is doing great. Goes right to sleep with monkey and doesn't even ask about paci. I was starting to think with the attachment he had to the paci he would be going off to college with it!! (: Not really but, never the less we are proud of Caden and I am proud of myself!! Thanks for the great idea Carrie(:

I have now been at my new job for 2 weeks and really liking it. It is different being in a management position, but I think after all the training is over I will enjoy it even more. The staff and doctors are great. I'll let you know in a month when I really get settled.

1 comment:

Casey Wallace said...

LOVE the paci idea. Wish we had a Build-a-Bear around here! AK only sleeps with hers now, but I know it'll be a struggle when the day comes. Way to go, Caden!

Caden looks adorable in all those football stances...and way too big!

Hope you guys are doing well.